Organized by IQPC Ltd in partnership with Defence IQ, the Additive Manufacturing for Aerospace and Space Conference is set to take place at the Vox Conference Centre, Birmingham, UK, from February 25 to 27, 2020.
The conference will feature presentations by nineteen keynote speakers. Key themes on the agenda will include:
- Certification and standardization strategies delivering critical assurance for defence and aerospace applications;
- Space, air, land and sea applications for 3D Printing processes;
- Complete production cycle evaluation and assessment of through-life costs;
- Training engineers to ‘think in Additive Manufacturing’ terms to utilize Additive manufacturing’s full potential;
- Innovation and new technologies developing AM for defence & aerospace;
- Commercialization of research and developing short-term Additive Manufacturing strategies;
- The National Additive Manufacturing Strategy and its consequences for the defence & aerospace agency;
Defence iQ has compiled a report titled The Road to Serial Additive Manufacturing Production for Aerospace and Space which focuses on the progress and key milestones needed to achieve serial AM production, with insight from Thales, Trumpf and the European Space Agency (ESA).
In the report, the three companies discuss key priorities, challenges and what they believe needs to be done in order to achieve large-scale AM production in the aerospace and space industries.
The full report is available to download from the conference website.
Find More Additive Manufacturing Industry News
- Sources & More information
Related article categories:
Article and featured image:
Metal AM, Additive Manufacturing for Aerospace and Space Conference set to take place next month https://www.metal-am.com/additive-manufacturing-for-aerospace-and-space-conference-set-to-take-place-next-month/ published on Jan16, re-edited and published by João Andrade on Jan21 2020;
Featured Image & Article Photo:
IQPC Middle East, https://www.linkedin.com/company/iqpc-middle-east/?originalSubdomain=br;